16 May 2009

The 1st Sweater Vest


Alright, so I have been pretty hesitant about making anything 'big' for awhile. If I start a sweater, I don't want to do it in pieces, so I start in a round and then get bored with it. This time I forfeited my comfortable circular needles and worked the sweater vest in two pieces (my attention span would not last for sleeves). Now that I finished this one, I can work on one for my debate partner (Brando) and have a men's pattern up here as well!

Materials:
Size 10 US Needles
1 skein Super Saver Red Heart Yarn (4 weight)

I do not remember my gauge. But this fits me with a 32 rib cage below the bust

Pattern:

BACK:
CO 58
[k2p2] Rpt between brackets for 8 rows
Stockette sts 80 rounds (or until desired length from armhole)
K2, 2 dec, K to end
P2, 2 dec, P to end
[K2, 1 dec, K to end, turn, P2, 1 dec, P to end] Rpt between brackets until 44 sts remain
Stockette st for 1-2 inches
K2, 1 inc, K to end
P2, 1 inc, P to end
Stockette st for 3 in (it's better for it to be longer when you sew it than to have it too short)
BO loosely

FRONT:
CO 58
[k2p2] Rpt between brackets for 8 rows
Stockette sts 80 rounds (or until desired length from armhole)
K 25, K2tog, K2, turn work
P2, P2tog, P to end
K2, 2 dec, K 19, 1 dec, K2
P2, 1 dec, P to last 4 sts, 1 dec, P2
Continue by decreasing one at the begining of the row and one at the end of the row until 10 sts remain.
Stockette st for ~5 inches (Once again, think long)
BO loosely
Repeat arm hole for the other side

BLOCK:
With the Red Heart yarn, take a iron, fill with water, and put on the lowest steam setting (even if it is not meant for acrilic fabric). Work out the rolling fabric and the arm holes especially.
Then just sew it together and viola! You have a sweater vest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What method of decrease did you use when you put "dec"?
*Chelsei*